Individual counseling provides an opportunity to explore the challenges that get in the way of feeling content, safe, and fulfilled. Is your relationship struggling or failing? Are you professionally frustrated? Do feelings of sadness and stickiness permeate most of the time? Perhaps panic, fear, and worry become crippling at times? These are just some of the many reasons people seek help. Together we will examine the source of the issue, and develop skills and knowledge to manage life in a more successful way. Here are some issues we can address:
- Depression – persistent sadness and hopelessness
- Anxiety – constant worries and fears
- Trauma History – physical, emotional, sexual abuse;
- Addictions – substance abuse, process addictions like sex, shopping, spending
- Body Image Issues – compulsive focus on body, eating disorders
- Sexual Issues – performance, communication, insecurities
- Sexual and Gender Identity – coming terms, coming out, coming true
This work may be challenging, but many find it to be very rewarding in the long run. I aim to create a safe, trusting environment that fosters a healthy relationship between counselor and client. Taking an hour a week to focus on knowing yourself better can be an invaluable gift to yourself and those you love.
For LGBTQ+ clients, I bring expertise to the unique ways sexual and gender identity interplay with the other issues of life. I bring my personal experience as a member of the LGBTQ+ community to our work. Having a gay therapist is certainly not required for anyone, but it sure does not hurt when seeking counseling for the first time.