Individual counseling provides an opportunity to explore the challenges that get in the way of feeling content, safe, and fulfilled. Relationship failing? Professionally frustrated? Feeling sad and unmotivated most of the time? Facing anxiety and fears that make it hard to function? These are just some of the many reasons people seek help. Together we examine the source of the issue, and develop skills and knowledge to manage life in a more successful way. Here are some issues we can address:
- Depression – persistent sadness and hopelessness
- Anxiety – constant worries and fears
- Trauma History – physical, emotional, sexual abuse;
- Addictions – substance abuse, process addictions like sex, shopping, spending
- Body Image Issues – compulsive focus on body, eating disorders
- Sexual Issues – performance, communication, insecurities
- Sexual and Gender Identity – coming to terms and coming out
This work can be challenging but very rewarding. I aim to create a safe, trusting environment that fosters a healthy relationship between counselor and client. Taking an hour a week to focus on knowing yourself better can be an invaluable gift to yourself and those you love.
For LGBT clients, I bring passion and expertise to the unique ways sexual and gender identity interplay with the other issues of life. Equality Counseling Center provides a welcoming practice that is truly savvy about issues and culture in our community.